Wednesday, February 3, 2010

For the love of food... and drink

Last night I met up with a friend who is equally as passionate as I am when it comes to the pleasures of food and drink. It was a great night spent talking shop over tasty treats -- crispy calamari -- and a simple plate of hummus and pita. One discovery. Creme de Violet. Mmmm. I will need to look more into this. Happy to continue to eat well -- thanks to my sweet pals who treat me so nice! A cooking highlight of the week (I know it's only Tuesday) was a last minute lunch -- Zucchini -- cut thin like Angel Hair pasta with napa cabbage, cilantro, thai basil, spinach, daikon and cucumber. Dressing with sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds, lime and soy -- with a splash of Ume vinegar. Delicious. My friend loved it and I was happy. Off to Equinox on Mississippi this Friday for some treasures and looking forward to what Chef Scott will create for my ever craving palete. Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment