Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Mama


I dedicate this blog to my Mama -- who had me in the kitchen with her from the time I can remember. Friends would come over and we would bake cookies as a past-time. We constantly had company and guests over for dinners and brunches and good times and I was always included in preparing (even if it was my bed-time before the company would come!) My mom had me stirring something, setting the table or getting the house ready for guests. She cared so much about cooking and feeding us and it has inspired me in more ways than she'll ever know. The photo (circa 1977) is my sister and I proudly holding snow peas we grew in our garden.

1 comment:

  1. I want you to know that my family makes your Mama's challah recipe every year during the holidays. It graces our Thanksgiving table, and when my family comes over for Boxing Day dinner, I make a couple more loaves!

    ReplyDelete